Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Traveling and being sick

I've had a sore throat for the last 4 days, which was made all the more interesting given that I was in st. louis for 3 days visiting friends. Well I went to the doctor today (having gone to a walgreen's clinic on sunday to with no result), and the result: acute pharyngitis, and a 10 day prescription of amoxycillin. Having taken the first one, I'm already starting to take liquids without my throat burning (I've barely had liquid, and no solid food for 2 days, and my urine started to turn orange; that happens when one's body is processing itself for nutrients, so I knew there was a problem. To say nothing of the fact that I lost 10lbs in two days).

You have to understand; I'm 38 years old, and I rarely get sick or injured. I've never had strep, I've had the flu only twice, no broken bones, no major surgeries, etc., etc., so when something like this happens I notice. As I sit here and type, I can feel my throat getting better, so hopefully 10 days of the antibiotics will do the trick. The one downside is that I'm contagious till this goes away, so there'll be no kissing for a while. I guess there are worse things to deal with.

No comments: